Storm damage in California
Storm damage to the customer's ceiling.
This was a storm water loss. The roof was affected by the storm and heavy rains. SERVPRO Of NW Bakersfield was called out to help with the customers ceiling which collapsed due to the water from the rain and went through the roof as well.
SERVPRO specializes in restoring contents damaged by storms and other water damage events. We utilize several methods of cleaning your contents, including:
- Dry Cleaning - Used for cleaning light residues or to pre-clean prior to cleaning.
- Wet Cleaning - An effective cleaning method for removing moderate to heavy residues.
- Spray and Wipe -Effective for items that can’t withstand cleaning.
- Foam Cleaning - Used for upholstery fabrics that might shrink or bleed if cleaned.
- Abrasive Cleaning - Involves agitation of the surface being cleaned.
- Immersion Cleaning - Contents are dipped into a bath of the cleaning product.
Fire damage in Bakersfield, CA
Fire damage in town.
This was a residential fire damage job in town that SERVPRO Of NW Bakersfield was called out to help clean up. You may ask yourself, What is the first thing I should do after a fire? Experiencing a fire to your home or business can be traumatic and stressful, and knowing what to do after a fire can seem overwhelming. First, contact your insurance company for immediate assistance, and guidance to know if your claim will be covered or not then you can contact SERVPRO for emergency services. Try to locate any necessary documents you’ll need, like a driver’s license and other records, but don’t enter the structure unless the fire department has deemed it safe for you to do so, first. Try not to touch anything until SERVPRO gets there unless you have to then please wear gloves so you don't get soot on your fingers hands then touch something else and spread it on something that's not even affected or on your own clothes. Also always wear a mask in the affected area. SERVPRO will suit up and take all protocols seriously.
Storm Damage in Bakersfield, CA
Water damage to ceiling due to storm damage.
What is classed as storm damage? Buildings insurance policies usually cover financial loss caused by storm damage. There are occasions where rain, hail, or snowfall by itself can constitute storm. Any extreme form of bad weather has the potential to cause damage to a property. In this case it was a storm which caused water damage to roof and ceiling in our customer's living room. Something to keep in mind is make sure to look out for windows and doors to see if they are sealed good since they are vulnerable to strong winds and flying debris. Examine all of your windows and doors from both sides. Look for cracks, holes, broken panes and any frame damage. If you have shutters, awnings or window caps or cladding, give these all a once-over, too. Nevertheless call SERVPRO Of NW Bakersfield if you have storm or wind damage.
Commercial fire damage in town
Commercial fire damage in Bakersfield, CA.
What are the effects of fire damage?
Fire damage not only destroys the structure and assets of a building/business but the subsequent smoke damages and soot affects office equipment, documents, upholstery, carpet, and more. Fire sprinklers can also cause water damage to property, adding to the devastation and need for repair. Together, fire and water damage can cause a cascade of issues that need to be professionally addressed by a disaster recovery and restoration company. Don't worry SERVPRO Of NW Bakersfield is here to help.
The aftermath of a fire is an overwhelming time for business owners. Some owners may face cash-flow problems, rebuilding and construction issues, and extremely difficult decisions as they are waiting for their insurance company to let them know if the claim will be covered or not. However, SERVPRO will work with your insurance company or you if you need to pay out of pocket.
Mold remediation in Bakersfield
During mold remediation.
Why choose SERVPRO?
SERVPRO HQ has a team of dynamic marketing professionals who focus on national account relationships, keeping communication flowing between local SERVPRO professionals and insurance companies. SERVPRO also has specialized training and promotes adherence to IICRC Standards, so you can expect professional cleaning and restoration services from us. We are always available for you day or night including all holidays. We are just a phone call away and located in Bakersfield California. Need any of our services? Give SERVPRO Of NW Bakersfield a call. Here are some other great reasons why you should choose us.
Our National Accounts Guidelines help ensure standards are met, including:
- Quality assurance through internal audits.
- Background checks are required for SERVPRO location employees, including temporary employees.
- Transparent step-by-step communication between local SERVPRO professionals and insurance agent or adjuster.
- Completed job files for proof of work.
Water Damage in Bakersfield, CA
Water damage after.
What does a water restoration company do when you have water damage?
Restoration companies can come in and use vacuums and large fans to remove the water and dry out the affected space, as well as disinfecting it and removing in some cases affected walls, floors, ceilings, and even possessions that were damaged by the water if needed. However that is not always the case you may just need a few dehumidifiers to dry out the affected area within 3-5 days depending on damages.
SERVPRO Of NW Bakersfield has the experts to make your home safe again after flood damage and make it "Like it never even happened".
One thing to know about us is we help deal with the insurance companies to help get your roof, siding, windows, decking, and pretty much anything that has been damaged due to fire, wind, water, hail, etc. to be paid for by the homeowner’s insurance company.
Water Damage in Bakersfield, CA
Water damage to a bathroom.
What to should you do when you have water damage? 4 Essential Steps To Take When You Discover Water Damage in Your Home:
- If possible, identify the source of the damage.
- Notify your homeowners' or the landlord.
- Call the insurance carrier and notify them of the loss.
- Call a remediation expert within 24-48 hours.
This water damage was due to a bathroom overflow. When this happens you want to know if your insurance company will cover it right? Well depending on your insurance plan, you may be eligible for reimbursement for the repairs and remediation.
Most homeowners insurance plans have certain restrictions, so it’s important to be as detailed as possible when contacting the insurance carrier. Take note of the repairs they will and will not cover, so that you can later make sure your coverage rights are protected.
The remediation process is critical to resolving water damage. Always remember even if you may know or heard from a friend of an expert, you should make sure that the remediation company is legitimate before allowing them to assess your home.
Water Damage in Bakersfield, CA
Water damage in the kitchen area.
Why choose SERVPRO?
Well because they know what to do right after a water damage. When a water emergency occurs in your home or business, it’s only natural to want to take action immediately. Below are some preliminary steps you can take before we arrive, but only attempt what you can do safely.
- Shut off the water source, if possible. If you’re not sure where the water is coming from, we’ll inspect and handle the situation as soon as we arrive.
- Remove excess water by mopping, blotting, or wiping. This could include flooring and hard surface furniture which has standing water on it. Do not use your household vacuum to remove water, since it could cause damage to the vacuum or be unsafe.
- Protect carpet, rugs, drapes, and upholstered items from further damage. Place aluminum foil or parchment paper between furniture and wet carpet or rugs. Remove books, magazines, or other colored items from carpets and rugs. Hang draperies up with coated hangers to avoid contact with wet floors. Remove pillows or cushions from wet upholstered items.
- Avoid using electric or electronic items that have come into contact with water. This may include items such as light fixtures, ceiling fans, televisions, or appliances. If there is a possibility that someone else on the property may turn on an electric item that has come in contact with water, consider turning off the power to individual circuits within the power distribution panel of the property.
Commercial Covid-19 in Bakersfield, CA
Commercial covid-19 clean up.
This was a commercial covid-19 clean up in town. Here are some tips we would like to share with you on how to reduce your risk for Covid-19:
Practice Good Hygiene
- Clean hands with sanitizer and wash your hands frequently
- Avoid touching your face and cover coughs and sneezes
- Disinfect “high touch” surfaces like doorknobs, light switches, tables, doorknobs, and handrails regularly
- Increase ventilation by opening windows or adjusting air conditioning
At The Office
- Stop shaking hands – use other noncontact methods of greeting
- Use videoconferencing for meetings when possible
- When not possible, hold meetings in open, well-ventilated spaces
- Disinfect “high touch” surfaces like desks, keyboards, light switches, doorknobs, and telephones.
Doing all the precautions will help! However, if you need covid-19 cleaning for your business give SERVPRO Of NW Bakersfield a call and we will take care of it for you.
Commercial cleaning in Bakersfield, CA
Commercial cleaning services for a business in town.
The certified technicians at SERVPRO Of NW Bakersfield are available to help your business and commercial property owners handle specialty cleaning projects such as duct cleaning, odor removal, graffiti removal, biohazard cleaning services, and so much more. Our technicians have the backing of a company with more than 50 years of experience in the restoration industry. We have the tools it takes to handle all your specialty home or business cleaning projects so your family can have a clean, safe environment to call home. You don’t have time to worry about the common wear and tear that gradually soils your office. When grime, odor, and moisture challenges go beyond the scope of your regular janitorial staff, you should call SERVPRO Of NW Bakersfield day or night we are here for you!