Here in Bakersfield, we never really have to worry about to many storms. However, they do still strike! When they do, be prepared. Here are some great tips to help protect your home or building during a storm.
- Keep flashlights handy with extra batteries
- Make sure you check the weather to know ahead of time for a potential storm
- Make sure your cellphone is charged or that you have a charged battery pack.
- Store away any items that might blow away or be damaged by wind or rain.
- Keep away from windows and glass doors in case of strong winds or hail that can break them.
- Make trees and shrubbery more wind resistant by keeping them trimmed and removing damaged branches.
- Keep dry foods and water stored in case you are unable to leave your house
- Avoid taking a shower or bath during a storm
- Avoid using things that need electricity
Stay safe during the storm season!